Some thoughts on the Jean Paul Gaultier couture Spring 2012 show:
- Has anyone else noticed that JPG tends to use more non-white models than other designers?
- The difference between JPG and Karl Lagerfeld is vast. I’ve noticed that both tend to show a lot of looks in their shows but each JPG look seems more well-conceived, more self-contained, while Lagerfeld’s feel like variations on single themes. Lagerfeld has no ability to edit himself while Gaultier suffers from an overabundance of ideas.
- SO MUCH AMY WINEHOUSE ROCKABILLY GLAM
- Love the monochromatic looks and matching tights.
- Does anyone else think that JPG is a little late on the varsity jacket trend? It’s like, if both Kanye and Chloe Moretz were wearing it last fall, why even put it in a spring couture show?
- Also, the one shoulder jackets remind me of when my coat zipper was broken and I just threw it on with the shoulder hanging out because I was wasty-faced.